Braised Stew Beef
This recipe is great over rice or noodles of your choosing, or just served alongside yummy vegetables.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, put in 2 Tbsp of the oil. Within 1 minute, add the beef and saute for about 8-10 minutes. When nicely browned, remove beef from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- To skillet add the 2 Tbsp oil and onion. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme and tomato paste, cooking until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, mustard and Worcestershire and simmer.
- While that is simmering, scoop out some hot broth into a cup and whisk in the cornstarch until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture back to skillet and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the beef, and serve.